ASUS Radeon R9 270X BIOS Flash
If you're experiencing stability issues with your R9 270x, this could be due to the installed BIOS. We recommend updating your BIOS before initiating a RMA.
USB Flash Drive (empty)
R9 270x BIOS
1. Download all the required tools (above). We've packaged all the required tools into a zip, click here to download.
2. Plug in your USB drive and run Rufus 1.4.9.
3. Select your USB Drive from the drop down menu.
4. Select "Create a bootable disk using" and select "MS-DOS" from the drop down menu. Click Start.
This will erase the contents of the USB Drive.
5. After the drive is formatted, copy both 270x.rom and atiflash.exe to your flash drive.
6. Plug your flash drive and then turn off your computer.
6a. If you haven't done so, please plug your graphic cards into the computer.
7. Now turn on your computer, make sure to boot from the USB drive. You can either set this in the boot options in the BIOS or by repeatedly pressing ECS, F1, F2, F8 or F10 during the initial startup screen.
8. You should be prompted with a dos screen. You'll need to find your device ID by typing atiflash -i . If you only have a single GPU, it should be 0.
9. Before flashing, it is highly recommended to backup your GPU by using this command atiflash -s 0 backup.rom. Please change 0 to the device ID you're going to be flashing.
10. Finally, flash you can flash your GPU to the latest stable BIOS version by using this command:
atiflash -f -p 0 270x.rom
11. If the flash was successful, it will prompt you to reboot your machine.